A new phone from ASUS, the ZenFone 4 Max, is available in the United States and Canada today for $199 (or CAD $299).
Developed to offer users a top-of-the-line mobile photography experience, the ZenFone 4 Max is the only smartphone to offer dual rear cameras and dual selfie cameras. The phone also offers a number of photography modes that help users take professional-level pictures, including Auto, Pro, Beauty, Super Resolution, Panorama, GIF Animation and Time Lapse. The Auto mode includes low-light and HDR Pro technology, which makes it easier for users to take photos in difficult conditions. The Super Resolution mode allows users to capture multiple shots simultaneously and combine them into a single 52MP image.
Other features of the phone include:
- A 5.5-inch display
- A dual-rear camer system with a 13MP camera and a 120° wide-view camera that allows users to automatically switch to a wider view to fit in more friends or scenery
- A Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 mobile processor and a Qualcomm Adreno 505 graphics processor that can handle the newest mobile games
- A 5000mAh high-density lithium-polymer battery that can last for up to 46 days when in standby mode on 4G, 40 hours of VoIP talk time on 3G, 22 hours of 720p video playback and 26 hours of Wi-Fi web browsing
- Two SIM slots and a microSD slot that can expand storage to 256GB
- Fingerprint authentication
The ZenFone 4 Max is the first in the ZenFone 4 series to be released. The ZenFone Max 5.2”, ZenFone 4 and ZenFone 4 Pro will be available later in 2017.