Millennials are hooked on smartphone technology—we can see it every day at restaurants, in traffic and nearly everywhere we look. A new study by Zogby Analytics brings to light just how intense this obsession is, and the results are astounding.
According to the study, 87% of millennials say their phones never leave their side. 78% of millennials spend more than two hours a day using their smartphones, and 80% say the first thing they do in the morning is reach for their smartphones.
One of the biggest features millennials love about their phones is the camera, which they use for more than just taking selfies. About 90% of the people surveyed reported using their smartphones to take pictures at least once a week.
The survey included 1,019 people ages 18-34.
Other highlights from the study:
- 81% of millennials feel it is important for retailers to have high quality mobile apps
- 60% say that everything will be done on mobile devices within the next five years
- 88% have or would deposit a check into their bank account by taking a picture of it on their phones
- 47% use their smartphones to access businesses at least once a day
- 14% would not do business with a company without a mobile site or app