Want to get the most life out of your cell phone? There are some things you can do to help make your phone last longer and work better over time.
- Don’t get caught up in the latest and greatest trends. Wait to buy a new phone after it has been out for a while so you can read the consumer reviews. Ideally, you could buy a used phone to save yourself even more money.
- Get a replacement, not an upgrade. If you maintain insurance on your phone, you may qualify for a new or “certified like new” device through your extended warranty. This will give you a brand new phone to use when your current one malfunctions, and it may not cost you anything.
- Fix problems early on. If you see a crack on your screen, get it replaced right away. If you notice an issue with the way the phone functions, fix that, too. The longer you don’t address a problem, the more damage it may cause your device.
- Always use a case on your phone with a screen protector. This will minimize the shock impact when you drop or bump the device.
- Trade in your phone for a new one. This could cut down on your out of pocket expenses when you go to get a new phone.
Follow the tips above, and you will be able to make your cell phone last as long as possible.